In the US:
- Migraine alone is the 12th most disabling disorder in the country.
- 28% of workday Migraines resulted in absenteeism.
- 11% of workday Migraines resulted in a full day of work lost, 5% led to a late arrival, 12% led to leaving work early.
- Headache disorders cause more than 1 percent of all disability and 9 percent of all lost labor in the US every year.
- Headache disorders are the most prevalent neurological disorders, affecting more than 90% of all Americans.
- The annual direct and indirect economic costs of headache disorders exceed $31 billion.
You can find more info at the widget below - there is a lot of info there that you could talk over with your doctor. I have asked for a recommendation for a neurologist at Duke.
Sadly, I went to pick up my alphabet sampler (pictured below several notes) and it was not done very well - I think it had not been stretched enough and you could still see the marks from the iron. They are re-doing but I am not hopeful - but I would love to be surprised!
I got all the threads for Forgiveness:
I have wanted this chart for a couple of years and it is still so beautiful. I am having surgery on the 28th, so I am stockpiling projects for my bedside, as I have to be off my feet for a number of weeks. I really hope to get some things completed, but my projects are never small, little things like ornaments.
I have not told my son yet about this surgery - of course, I did not tell about last year's brain surgery until after the fact. Why have him worry - I really wasn't - I had complete faith in my Dr. and I did great.
Migraines are still an every day event for me, but that was to be expected because the surgery was not really for that symptom.
But I got a little netbook wireless computer for my birthday, so I can keep up with everyone while I recover. Keep showing your beautiful work!!