Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 10, 2010

Surgery and more stash!!

Teri Robert is an expert on migraines and always has the latest news: here are some of the facts she recently shared:               
In the US:
  • Migraine alone is the 12th most disabling disorder in the country.
  • 28% of workday Migraines resulted in absenteeism.
  • 11% of workday Migraines resulted in a full day of work lost, 5% led to a late arrival, 12% led to leaving work early.
  • Headache disorders cause more than 1 percent of all disability and 9 percent of all lost labor in the US every year.
  • Headache disorders are the most prevalent neurological disorders, affecting more than 90% of all Americans.
  • The annual direct and indirect economic costs of headache disorders exceed $31 billion.

You can find more info at the widget below - there is a lot of info there that you could talk over with your doctor.  I have asked for a recommendation for a neurologist at Duke.

Sadly, I went to pick up my alphabet sampler (pictured below several notes) and it was not done very well - I think it had not been stretched enough and you could still see the marks from the iron.  They are re-doing but I am not hopeful - but I would love to be surprised!

I got all the threads for Forgiveness:


I have wanted this chart for a couple of years and it is still so beautiful.  I am having surgery on the 28th, so I am stockpiling projects for my bedside, as I have to be off my feet for a number of weeks.  I really hope to get some things completed, but my projects are never small, little things like ornaments.

I have not told my son yet about this surgery - of course, I did not tell about last year's brain surgery until after the fact.  Why have him worry - I really wasn't - I had complete faith in my Dr. and I did great.
Migraines are still an every day event for me, but that was to be expected because the surgery was not really for that symptom. 
But I got a little netbook wireless computer for my birthday, so I can keep up with everyone while I recover.  Keep showing your beautiful work!!