Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 23, 2010

GD, this song is for you

GD goes for her 4 month check-up this week, and I recently heard this song on the radio:
Stevie Wonder, "Isn't She Lovely " :
Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love

So when I came upon a site that was promoting "A Photo A Day to End Women's' Cancer", I could not help but think of you, dear GD. In my early 40's I had a mammogram (which I almost canceled) and it did not come out so great. And though my Dr was immediately making appts for me, it just did not sink in - so after a couple of months went by, my Dr called and raised cane with me; telling me that I would be dead within 10yrs if I kept postponing my surgery = now that finally sank in because I did not have any grandchildren at the time. It is not something that had concerned me because no family member had the disease. Lucky me.
I know one day you will need this info and I feel so blessed to be here and get to hold you. I pray you are not troubled with this disease, but if you are, I will be with you all the way - you will never be alone.
My beloved hairdresser wears a pink pin that says " Save the TaTas " - she is as wonderful as she is talented and will be cutting your first locks. Yes, it is our version of 'Steel Magnolias' and it is a place where you always belong, esp since I have been going to her for over 15yrs. We love her!

Now, to a lighter subject...
Dear Karen at Wasatch Needlework let me know the rest of my order was on the way - many of them are duplicates of patterns that I think my DIL or eventually GD will want, but they will be difficult to find, so this is part of my long term planning. Of course, everyone teases me about the "extras" I have on hand, but I have learned that if I really like something, it will become impossible to find. And paying top dollar like some collectors do, is out of the question. But my guiding principle is, if I find a lip gloss that I truly love, buy several - I may not go into town but once a week, so I have to load up while there - and if things are on sale (my favorite way to shop!) I might as well get more !!
I hope my GD gets this trait !!

This site:http://patternmakercharts.blogspot.com/2009/11/alphabete-und-muster-zum-waschezeichnen.html#links
has an amazing array of old alphabets and designs that I want to use and create a band sampler that is a pattern 'keeper' - I think it will be useful to future generations and show what was popular at the time. I probably won't even frame this piece and make it long enough that I can add designs as time goes on - always a work in progress!! Now I will have an actual excuse to put this stitching aside !!

In a previous life, I was a caterer and loved to bake and I still love to collect recipes & cookbooks. I even have some of Martha Stewart's books and inside the front cover are signed notes & cards = we were married in college, have only children and have the same birthday
(but I'm younger!!). So I am happy to pass these on to you but they better not end up in a yard sale! If for some reason the children do not want them (they were raised better than that) at least give them to the public library.

Watching the movie "Julie & Julia", there is a song in the background that says..."I love you a bushel and a peck " and I am currently stitching that very design for GD, but changed it to say Mimi loves you:


While unpacking a box, I found this sampler that I stitched years ago - I think it was a Words of Praise design - I still love the design so I am going to find a place to hang it - I am
really thinking a ' sampler wall ' is needed and there is plenty of space to create one:


GS comes this weekend, so there will be popsicles, dinosaurs and lots of laughter with my little dimpled darling (his dimple is in the same place as mine - I can die happy!!!). If I could only get this countdown to kindergarten out of my head........